Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trout and Eggs for Breakfast

My youngest woke me up this morning and said let's go fishing- you can have trout and eggs for breakfast. I told him to wait a while and tried to get back to sleep. It was then that I realized that if I didn't go, he'd eventually stop asking. So, we got up and headed to the brook. To make a long story short, the kids had stored the worms in a can with a hole near the bottom so most of the worms had escaped. We used worm pieces (the one's that didn't have the smarts to escape) and he managed to catch one little keeper. He ended up fishing the last of our hour with my fishing rod. We saw a lot of fish and caught quite a few little ones. The brook is still healthy!

We came back to the house and cooked up trout, eggs, and sourdough toast for breakfast. It doesn't get much better than this!

No comments: